First blog post of the year… I’ve been thinking (hoping?) it is Monday for the last few days. It’s the post holiday fog after Christmas but before New Year and Loppiainen (January 6th). Here’s some random thoughts that have been going through my head lately.
– Christmas was decent. Better than I was feeling leading up to it. We ate well and the kids enjoyed themselves. I think the grandparents were exhausted when we left.
– I’ve been sucking something major lately about reading blogs and commenting. It’s even worse than how little I blog here. Bleh.
– It’s -16C today. It’s cold! But sunny and we got some snow last night, so it’s pretty too! But it’s cold!
– I got 2 adult coloring books. I scoffed at the idea when I first heard about coloring books for adults, because my mom and I were coloring together years ago! The designs weren’t solely for adults or kids, they were simple and not so amazing as now, but we were coloring, together. Way before it was trendy.
– I haven’t made any New Year resolutions in years, but this year I thought it might be time to try going sugar-free for a while or at least drastically cut down my sugar intake. I’ve mostly failed already. Oh well, I’ll keep trying.
– Sometimes the re-realization that my mom isn’t here to tell me little things just completely overwhelms me. This evening was one of those moments.
– I was sure I had more interesting thoughts in my head. I mind-blogged about them for the last week. Hmm, they must not have been that important if they can’t be recalled now.
I hope your holidays and new year was decent to you.