38 weeks, #2

I put it off all week, but I finally went swimming this morning. It felt good to be there, even if making myself go there was difficult. Swimming is definitely helping my neck to not be as sore as it was, but it isn’t 100%. I managed to count the laps I swam today. In 30 minutes I did 15 laps, which is 750 meters (3/4 km, almost 1/2 a mile). That’s about half my normal swimming.
Each time I have gone swimming there has been a mummo/granny that has commented on my bump or surprised that I am still out and about and able. In fact, swimming is so much easier than walking. I actually feel somewhat graceful like a seal in the water, instead of a beached whale.

I was looking for stretch marks the other day, I don’t see any new ones still.

I am finding myself waking at night and not able to get back to sleep as easily. Especially when it seems that Mr Siili takes that instant to start snoring. I know he is tired, so I don’t poke him to get him to stop. Thankfully Paxlet mostly sleeps through the night. When he does wake, it is usually enough that I go cover him back up and tell him to go back to sleep.

Tadbit is a wiggler. As much as I love feeling her movements and getting reassurance that she’s still alive and kicking in there, it quite often hurts when she moves! She loves to stick her bum out to the right side or right up under my ribs. She also kicks/punches/headbutts me right in the lady bits. Ouch!

I seriously crave junk food. Anything sweet, chocolately, salty, you name it! Going to the store today after swimming with only an apple in me was not the best of ideas.

I don’t think there are any new symptoms this week. My bump still gets in the way, I’m achy off and on, tired when I don’t sleep well and minimal swelling. I still waddle like a pro and walk slower than ever.

I miss being able to stretch my back and being able to turn over easily in bed. I know these will come back soon enough, but it sure makes things more challenging until then. I also miss not getting so winded with a short walk. Achyness is part and par for the course, I can live with it still.

I have a neuvola appointment tomorrow. I think it will be a normal appointment: weight, hemoglobin, urine and blood pressure checked. We’ll listen to Tadbit’s heart rate and check the fundal height.

While this isn’t exactly pregnancy related, being pregnancy has affected the dentist appointment. I broke down and called the dentist on Tuesday. I have two teeth on the bottom (one on each side) that are bothering me, one of them painfully so. It ended up that the tooth on the right had a huge cavity and/or chunk missing form it and was infected. I needed two sets of numbing shots and even then I just about jumped out of the chair when the dentist drilled too far. In the end, he packed the area with medicated cotton and put a temporary cover on the tooth. If the pain continues or gets worse, I have a prescription for it. However, in the meantime, I am not to chew on that side, which is a bit difficult because it is hard to chew on the left side also. And once Tadbit arrives, I am to make an appointment to get x-rays and then get both teeth fixed. I sure hope the pain stays away and that the temp filling doesn’t break.

My stepmom has said that they have mailed a package our way. I’m excited for it to arrive and to see what has been put in it.

I wrote earlier this week that I finally met with a doula. I’ll be meeting her again next week. We’ll go over some natural pain relief techniques.

I am very much looking forward to labor and delivery. Sounds strange, doesn’t it? Last time I was naively ready for it. This time I feel more prepared for it in that I know what to expect from the pain and I hope to relax through it as much as possible. The biggest concerns or stresses are not knowing when Tadbit will decide to arrive and what will happen with Paxlet. But, even those things I know will work themselves out.

Earlier this week, as Paxlet and I were walking home from daycare, he wanted to hold my hand. It was one of those sweet and pure moments that melted my heart because he wanted to be connected to me. And then probably within the next 10-20 minutes he was fussing and throwing a tantrum because I asked him to wash his hands or use the potty. I love my little boy! I’m excited for him to meet his sibling, but I know it will also be a time of change. My little boy will no longer be an only child? and !


2 thoughts on “38 weeks, #2

  1. I honestly cannot believe that you are at 38 weeks!! Time sure does fly. I think it’s great that you managed to go swimming, and I also love the picture you painted of you and your son walking hand in hand. It sounds like the perfect moment!

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.