I just don’t have the energy for a full out post, so here are some bulletin updates.
- As I mentioned in Paxlet’s 6 month update, I’ve been quite sick this last week. It started with a sore throat one night, not so bad the next day and then very sore again at night. After that I’ve had every other flu symptom possible. It has now progressed to a clogged throat (it feels as if there is something there, but I can’t clear my throat), a stuffed nose mixed in with a nose that won’t stop running and this evening a cough has started. Frankly, I am sick of being sick and hope it goes away very soon.
- Paxlet is also now sick. Today he sported a full on runny nose and his first fever ever. Thankfully Panadol (paracetamol) has helped some, but he is still quite whiny and clingy. It’s been a long day and I have a feeling it’s going to be a long night.
- Speaking of long nights, Paxlet has been finally sleeping much better and without my boob!!!! I tried a gentler approach to sleep training and it has worked quite well. Paxlet is sleeping about 11 hours at night, with 3-4 wake ups. Most of the time I just need to shhh/pat him back to sleep. He does still want to feed after ever 3 or 4 hours, but that is doable still. Quite often, I’ve gotten 3 hours of sleep, sometimes even 4 hours and once 5 hours of continual sleep!! I sure hope this cold of Paxlet’s doesn’t mess it up. But, even if it does, I know it is possible to get a better sleeping rhythm going.
- My computer started crashing on me a week ago Sunday, I think right after it did some updates. So, I haven’t been on my computer much. Because the computer was bought in the US, but I’m here in Finland, if there is something seriously wrong with it, it’s going to be a pain to get it repaired. I’ve been trying to take all my photos off the computer, but that takes time , which I haven’t had much of while being sick, and a non-crashing computer. Somehow, today it hasn’t crashed once. I did do some more updates. Ugh!
- Writing about feeding, I am thoroughly enjoying Paxlet enjoy solid foods. I’m not sure what my difficulty was in starting him on solids, but it sure is cute watching him flap his arms and bounce up and down when I put him in his high chair and put his bib on. So far he has loved everything at first bite, although plums he made a funny face on the first bite, but dug right in. I’m hoping to introduce finger foods sooner rather than later. Mr Siili is a bit apprehensive about it though. We’ll see.
- After a couple of months thinking about and finally doing a bit of research, I purchased a washing machine on Saturday. It was delivered today! I am impressed with the quick delivery time and even more impressed with the delivery service. I was told they would deliver between 10am and 1pm. A guy called me around 11am asking if sometime during the next hour would be ok for them to bring the machine. The guys were nice, fast and efficient! Let’s hope the machine is the same. Oh, and I hope it lasts us 13 years like the old one did.
- Mr Siili and I have been having a bit of a rough patch. Sometimes I just get totally frustrated with him. Other times I feel like he takes my tone (what tone?) or words out of context and grumps at me. Sometimes I know I just grump at him, but I can’t always help myself. Hopefully the long talk we had last night made things better (at least for a while).
- I should be head into work this week to discuss my (potential) going back and if they are willing to work with me on the scheduling (full time, part time, 4 days a week or 5 shorter days). I’m just waiting for my immediate boss to let me know what day and time is suitable for her. I don’t really care for this lady, so I don’t have high hopes of her being flexible. But really, I should get my act together and work on our financial plan to see if we can manage with me not returning to work for some time. I don’t want to go back to work!
- After having beautiful weather and temperatures hovering around freezing, or even above it a bit, for the last week or so it has plummeted back down to minus 15 and 20 C. Not to mention the 6 inches or so of snow that was dumped on us Saturday night. I am so ready for spring to be here.
I hope everyone is doing well. I think of all my blog-y friends, even when I’m not online.
I’ve been able to read some blogs at night on my phone, but commenting isn’t always easy. It also seems that not all of the Blogger blogs I subscribe to show up in my feed in WordPress. I need to dig into things more, when I get some of the precious time to myself, to see what’s up with that. I may just have to continue checking some blogs via Blogger’s reader.