Well, I’m still at home, in one piece and no matter how you look at it now, Paxlet has been baking for 40 weeks.
Speaking of baking, I bought some lemons on Monday just in case I got the urge to bake something with them. And I did get the urge to bake! Yesterday, on the Technicolor Kitchen blog, after a bit of searching in her archives, I came across a Lemony nectarine cake recipe. It looked yummy, easy to make and I had all the ingredients. In fact, it only called for the zest of 2 lemons, so I still have the zest of 1 lemon and lemon juice of three lemons!
This cake was super easy to make and very tasty! Mr Siili and I ate half of it already last night, with a bit of ice cream, although it was yummy enough without it. I’ll be making this recipe again.
But, what am I going to do with the rest of my lemons?
Seeing as how Paxlet really can arrive at any day now, I feel like I should be doing some last minute things, but I’m not.
Here’s a quick list of some things I feel like I should be doing:
- Wash some laundry, at least one load
- Write something on Mr Siili’s birthday card seeing as his birthday is tomorrow
- Start filling in Paxlet’s Baby Book that I bought a couple of weeks ago
- Write the last Thank You-card for my Skype-video baby shower (it was a last minute addition, all the rest have been sent, except for the 2 that need addresses)
- Organize Paxlet’s clothes in the closet. Right now they are just piled in there
- Continue with organizing and arranging boxes and other stuff from the move (3 months ago)
- Re-check Paxlet’s coming home bag, I think I want to make a change or two
And this is what I am actually doing (with a sleeping cat on my limited lap space):
- Reading & commenting on blogs
- Playing Farkle (aka 10 000, a dice game) on FB
- Thinking about getting out of the house, but I can’t be bothered to get dressed and it’s raining
- Thinking about baking something else – What can I do with my lemons? Suggestions anyone?